Time To Beat The Heat

 


Humans be complaining about the heat.
They shout it from rooftop to street.
Don't you think we feel the sweat?
Come on in and get wet.


Of course you could use a kiddie pool.
Just watch out for our dog drool.


Or dress as a giant T-Rex.
No one can see the sweat or your flab flex.


Look. We're back to the street.
That isn't really oh so neat.
Go climb on a roof and shout some more.
Maybe you'll even fall off the store.


I said you'd fall. Not be dead.
But if it's the latter, hey, can make use of your head.


Or forget the doom and gloom.
Now go on and bloom.
Don't be a stick in the mud.
Let the bugs suck your blood.


Oh. Now you are cranky like the sky.
All over a pesky little fly.


Guess you better climb a bridge and shout about the heat.
Excuse me while I hope you fall off while ignoring this repeat.


Wait. I saw the light.
The heat is in sight.
Oh my. It's there.
Summer has heat to spare.


Hmm. Is this off to a rocky end?
I better get there before I offend.
Whoops. In that I already failed.
Hold it. Did you hear that winter bailed?


It migrated south of the border.
Which border? Do I look like a map hoarder?


Don't give me that look.
Think I should get the hook?
Can it grab the heat talk first?
But then the small-talk bubble may burst.


Hell. Let's just burn the whole thing down.
That ought to stop the heat talk from making its way through town.

What? Did you miss the rhyming nut? I can still take the rhymes out for a putt. Beats hitting a tiny ball with a stick. Did winter pull some trick? No? Then can the heat stuff go? Yes. It is hot. Yes. Things can burn a lot. Yes. Record this or that. No. Everyone you see isn't living under a hat. Or would that be rock? Maybe they just pull down a stinky, old sock. You don't need to tell them what they already know. The weather people are bad enough on some internet site or TV show. But maybe like the cat it is all for fun because you know....it's gonna be a hot one. Blah. Just threw up in my mouth a bit. This weather talk just isn't it. How many people have you told today? How many have told you what they ALL say? Oh me. Oh my. The heat is coming to pass. I heard it the first thousand times that it was spoken to my little rhyming ass.

Enjoy life. Forget the strife.

20 comments:

  1. It's hot but it's always hot here in July. No surprise at our mat.
    What burned?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No surprise at all. Empty old fire trap burned down.

      Delete
  2. the water is as blue as the sky ‼️πŸ’™πŸŸ awesome. I could so live in that lighthouse,
    does it still work ? and my comment would not be complete with praisin the daiz πŸ˜ΊπŸ’–πŸ’–
    hope all is well….

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Water is blue indeed. Gotta watch that man of war though. Yeah. Lighthouse still works. Lol daiz the way.

      Delete
  3. I love the blue water too and I could look at it all day long. Beat the heat? The heat is winning herer!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah. Nice to look at indeed. Lol heat will lose soon enough

      Delete
  4. Well all I can say is that I miss Canada! I know you've had a heat wave too but I'll trade ya.
    Regardless glad you keep on going in real life and blogland.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol no thanks. Yours is way worse. I'll keep our heat.

      Delete
    2. Wise choice. Bummer for me. I'm excited that it dipped below 100'F today.

      Delete
    3. Ugh, yeah, today was another yuck. Hope you're beating the heat over there.

      Delete
    4. Actually a nice day here today

      Delete
  5. Hi, Pat! Happy IWSG Day! I'll trade you Las Vegas's heat for yours: 112ΒΊ F/44.4ΒΊC! LOL! Was awesome seeing you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol do I get some free slot plays if I trade?

      Delete
  6. Haha - I was complaining about the heat last week. But, this week it is much cooler and I am happy. I saw you at Fundy's place. Nice photo - so glad you are out and about enjoying face to face meetings. I have been doing some traveling myself enjoying a bit of life.

    PS - I didn't realize you had hardcover books...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This past weekend was nasty heat wise, but I'll take it over tons of rain and snow. Had a great visit indeed as out and about I've been most of the summer. Hope you are having fun travels. Yeah. Amazon let's some be hard cover. I only have the 3 recent kids ones in hard cover.

      Delete
  7. I like the lighthouse. Very picturesque. I think it may be hotter here in Hotlanta. 98 F!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hate cold weather so much that I just mind my business down here when it gets hot. I'd rather be hot any day of the week than freezing. :)

    ReplyDelete