Time For The Turn Off

 


The turn off sign at the iwsg has been lit, so we will play with it a bit.

Question: What turns you off when visiting an author's website/blog? Lack of information? A drone of negativity? Little mention of author's books? Constant mention of books?

The very first turn off is just like the picture above. It is a turn off no matter what site we go to. If everything is out of reach and you have to work hard to find so much as a place to leave a comment or open the current post or X out of 50,000 ads before you find the site itself, then pffft to that and the last X I hit is the one up in the corner never to return. 

Sadly, I don't have the determination of a dog trying to get to bath toys. The more of a pain in the backside the site makes it, the more they can go pound sand.


Next up would be the rarity of an actual post. I'm not talking about posting schedule, I'm talking(or I guess I'm typing) about there being more posts than just...

Look what I released:



Brand new releases:



Come buy my books:



Time to....Okay. You get the picture and I've weaseled my newest books in there enough. What? Nothing wrong with a little added bonus on top of making fun.

Like the elusive Sasquatch, posts about anything other than their own books makes me tap, or click, the X button too.


Another would be pooping on everything. At least the birds only literally do it. If you literally do it then you might want to seek help. Just saying.

Sites that poke fun at things through humor are fine by me, but sites that are always negative about everything can go pound sound. Some are so negative that they are negative about being negative and don't even get how ridiculous they are. Misery may love company, but they ain't getting my company. 


Another would be nose in the air. You know the type. Those who think they are better than everyone else. Who are never ever ever ever wrong. Who think their poop don't stink. Who think their pretty banner and complicated way to open posts and comment is soooooo wonderful. You get the picture. Unless you are the picture. You may not get it then. Here. Let me help you.


That better? You may want to shower after your picture just got peed on. You may think that your poop doesn't stink, but dog pee can be smelly.


And of course let's not leave out the creepy, world's out to get you, stalker sites. Just look at those eyes. Don't they say axe murderer? 


I could state plenty more but then I would surely bore. I could make an essay post. Those can annoy this host. They can go on and on about the same old shit. Okay. We get it. You hate unicorns in the gutter. They make you mutter. No need to say it 50,000 times. Rather watch some scary old mimes. 

Any things about sites that turn you off? Do they make you scoff? Or just swear? Maybe scam sites that will help you grow hair? I mean you really have to love those. Some will even help you grow back toes. Just drink your own pee and you'll be disease free. Sadly, those sites are true. Some people really have no clue.

Enjoy life, forget the strife.

20 comments:

  1. I totally agree with your dislikes. Those are mine too, especially the pop-ups and difficulty finding where to leave comments.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep. Giant pain in the butt with trying to find where to leave comments.

      Delete
  2. guyz…we hope dadz bookz sellz a bazillion copeez each and OH EM COD…waz he part
    of de re make oh de moovee de burdz 🙀🙀🙀🙀🙀🙀
    happee dayz everee buddy 🐟💙😺 ‼️

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That would be nice lol could have been a remake.

      Delete
  3. I agree a website has to be easy to navigate. And no pop-up ads everywhere!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pop-ups bug me. Is the headline that drew me in more fabulous than the content is something I don't like. I follow a blog that always has a tantalizing blurb which leads to nowhere. Of course, I open their blog posts in hopes it will live up to it's heading.
    I think what really makes a blog worth following is whether I feel a connection to the writer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah. The clickbait nonsense can sure get annoying indeed. Hav8ng a connection can go a long way.

      Delete
  5. Congrats on the new books! I see you have the dreaded snow. Ugh...Who is that tall person walking in the woods?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dreaded snow we do. Don't recognize sasquatch lol

      Delete
  6. Hey, Pat! As you can se, I didn't get very far on IWSG Day! I always love your sense of humor ~ very clever sneaking in the book promo!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha you got around though. I was slow too. Gotta sneak it in where I can lol

      Delete
  7. Negativity would be the one thing that would turn me off. I love the pictures.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah. Turn many away with that indeed. Thanks.

      Delete
  8. Pat, it's been a while! I'm just glad you're still active. Love the photos, especially of that fur baby.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey, my friend! I should have come by earlier yesterday and prodded you ~ lol! I'm trying a new tactic on IWSG Day. I put all my energy into visiting as many members as I can, and then I start replying to comments on my post. I wasn't sure how Alex did so much every time, so I tried to match him. Not the best plan since I was up until 2:40 am. That's because I spent the morning doing eye calisthenics at my eye surgeon's office. I'm cleared for surgery ~ yay! Just have to get it scheduled! But I have visited everyone for the last two months. Now I ave to figure out how to get faster on IWSG Day. I hope things are going well with you! Hugs and take care!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol prod away any day. Alex does get around indeed. The cat used to in the old days. Hope the surgery goes well and you can get it booked when you want. Still above the ground, unless in a pot hole, here lol

      Delete