So...I figured I'd show I was still alive, as only really two previous bloggers during blogland's time in full swing know I'm still kicking. May not have a pot to piss in, but I got some bushes. That counts, right? Gotta have bushes when you're a poor, not-so-starving author, right? Right? Just make sure no one's watching. They could arrest you for that.
And never fear, my dear. I can still rhyme and wiggle my rear. That will never change no matter how strange. For when you've been a rhyming cat since 2011 or so, there is nowhere for the rhyming to go.
Yeah. I've been around 15 years as well. Not sure when I started playing with the IWSG, but I think it was a few years after. dVerse had me first and then it just spawned from there. Maybe around the same time I did the a to z bloghop. Oh, the memories. Amazing what one can recall as they start to type it all. Or some. Hey. I can't go and redo everything said by my little rhyming bum. If I did that we'd be here all year. So...sorry, my dear.
So...yeah...the dogs and cats and kids are still keeping me a hopping. The writing is still a dropping. 810 songs written at my sea. Also released a book or three. Actually, 6, but who's counting? I guess maybe I am. Don't go getting nitpicky now.
Anyway, they are asking a question for year 15, so i guess I can answer. At least I'll answer in some way, shape, or form.
Do you have a favorite character archetype you tend to gravitate toward in your writing?
I guess it would be putting ordinary people in extraordinary circumstance. Probably stems from the fact of all the shit I have, and I've seen other people, go through who aren't a superhero, master at this, that, ot the other thing, etc.
At least that would be my guess if you wanted to get all shrink-y on me. Plus, the average person isn't always pigeonholed into a certain aspect/quirk/whatever. So it tends to open things up more.
And there you have it. 15 years in the bag for the IWSG. Hopefully the bag got washed a few times in between. May be kinda smelly by now if not. Then again, maybe the 15 year smell is Alex's cup of tea. Who am I to judge? Also 15 years in the bag for the cat and Pat too. It still counts if I only post once or twice a year now, right? I mean 365 posts a year for like a decade more than makes up for it. Front end loaded.
Now that is that, so says the cat. Actually that's probably Pat, as you can't shut up the cat. But at least more than two past bloggers, who now stalk me in real life, know I'm alive. So...that makes...ummm...10? Maybe 10 are still around, Hey, it's better than two.
Back to taking in life offline with the kids, the dogs, and the cats. Yeah. I know. The cats don't really care. They just want to sleep with me there. But the dogs still want to go and my now doubled charges do also, so away we go to see what comes to pass. Never fear though, I'll always remain a little rhyming ass.
And remember to take in the view. Just don't fall and become the pancake version of you.


No comments:
Post a Comment